
Missing What Never Will Be - Tim McCarthy
(A Young Widow's Lament)
Empty picture frames of memories never lived,
Barren bedroom scenes of children never born,
I'd never wish this kind of pain and emptiness on anyone.
I try to make it clean, my mind wants to explain,
Some kind of lesson learned, "Our loss is heaven's gain,"
It can't erase the truth, I'm sad and angry that you're gone.
I may look for answers, some reason for our loss,
But most of all, I just want you...
To walk in, share a jest, remind me that I'm blessed,
Break the silence with songs from your heart.
To wake up beside me, to call me mid-day,
To fall into dreams arm-in-arm.
How can I move on when all of my future
Was painted with you there?
I'm forever missing what never will be.
Prayers hang loose and frayed, like cobwebs on the path,
Stillborn and unfulfilled, dreams severed in half,
The tears evaporate like dewdrops in the burning of the sun.
My day is full of questions, the pieces all askew,
But most of all, I just want you...
To walk in, share a jest...
I woke up to sun today, I breathed a feeble breath,
And He reminded me, the last word is not death...
Someday...
You'll dance in, share a jest, and we'll know we've been blessed,
And we'll break out in songs from our soul.
And the streams of our tears will be lost in His spring,
In the river that makes all things whole.
And we'll stand in His presence, the joys and the pains
Will converge in the mystery of praise
And we'll see how the glory of God was revealled
In the tears and the grief of our days
If only for this day I'll look to the future,
Because I know you're there,
I'm clinging to hope for what someday will be.

Pictures taken after Nate broke his humerus.
36 comments:
Wow, Rose. Those are amazing words. I'm crying for you right now, I just don't know what to say. I want him back for you so bad. It's hard for my eyes to see the glory of God in this. If there is one thing I've learned this year, it's that this life is sacrifice. It's one long sacrifice and you are well into it. Know that that is all God wants- your heart of sacrifice. I love you so much- wish I could be saying these things in your sweet presense. I love seeing your pictures on here. Thank you so much for sharing them. I love you!
~MWAH!~
Rox
I don't have words. Literally. Nothing will come. But I've learned one thing very predominately here in Africa. The Liberians say it all the time.
"God is good.
All the time.
All the time.
God is good."
They say it all the time. Sometimes I wish I could get rid of the sound of it because I don't want to think that God is good. I want to be angry at Him for allowing stuff to happen.
The lack of words got drowned out by too many.
I love you.
<3 Nadine
Did you have a good trip to Elkhart visiting your sister??
Rosanna, you don't even know me, but through your pain you have brought me closer to God than any church service ever has. I pray for God to take your pain away.
"Barren bedroom scenes of children never born" . . that's what hits me the most these days. I grieve for the kids you and Nate never had. He would have been a great father to any kids you two would have had.
I love you Rosanna. So badly I wish Nate were here with you. I wish I could take away your pain and sacrifice. I am thankful though that God answered your prayer from years gone by and that you got to enjoy time on this earth as Nate's wife. I love you so much Rosanna. Big hugs
Love you!
I never knew there were so many songs or poems that could say just what needs to be said in a time like this. The lines you've shared, here and in other places, always 'hit the spot'. I love those pictures of you guys. I love that you have those memories, and I'm heartbroken with you that there are so many memories that never will be. I can echo what Yvonne said - the two of you together would have been such awesome parents. BIg hugs and blessings coming your way!
Las lágrimas son inevitables cada vez que leo tu blog. Quisiera estar allí.
Te amo
Nata
Rosanna,
I've been reading your blog over the last few months and am amazed at your strength and courage to share so openly. I weep for you and pray for you that you will have the strength to make it through this tough time. You are an amazing woman, and I know you've heard that many times,but I hope and pray that sometime in the future you will see a glimpse of how you have helped so many others, when really it was us that wanted to help you. You are a precious gift to those who know you well, and those that only know you through this blog. Praying for you.
Rosanna - just wanted to send you a short note to let you know that despite my comments, you are still very much in my thoughts and prayers! As for your last post - I have no words for the ache you must feel for the dreams that will no longer be! I do hope that you were able to have a good time with your sister and tim and lovely baby! As for us - we have just moved to108 mile ranch and I welcome you up here any time you need to be still! Just write and there's a room for you! I was also just wondering - in your last post, one of the pictures bares much resemblence to Sechelt - were you there?? Or am I just wanting to see a glimpse of my home??! Would love to hear from you! Blessings and peace to you, Christina Boschmann
jimandchristina@hotmail.com
Rosanna- I cannot understand why one should have to suffer in this way. I love you and I pray that you will find comfort this week- that God will reveal his truth to you.
christina
i have no words Rosanna. just the ache of wishing so much that Nate could be walking through the fall leaves with you again...
Hi Rosanna,
You don't know me also, and we probably will never meet....but I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and have been following your journey for a little while...
these past months I've cried for you and prayed for you and I just think you are an incredible woman of God..please continue to be..
you faith has truly inspired me..thank you..
I love you Rosanna. Dreaming with my husband is one of my favourite things. I've just returned from a short week in Kenya, and there's a Swahili word that says, "Pole" (pol-ay). this word is not sorry, but is said to someone to empathise with them. Pole, dear friend. In as much as your dreams of meeting and marrying someone like Nate were realized, I wish more could have been lived together. Thinking of and praying for you.
wow - the words in that song are so raw. and i imagine so real for you.
it was so good to see you on Sunday, even just for that brief moment.
We continue praying for you, Rosanna.
Rosanna,
all of us girls are thinking of you often and praying for you. we love you tons and you are constantly on our hearts and minds. your strength and faith in the Lord is encouraging.
Breanna, and all the girls.
Blessings to you dear Rose. I hope your time with Charlotte and family was good. Love you, Sarah.
Rosanna,
I have struggled with wanting to write you a comment. Partly because I don't know you well, only through others, but more because I am at a loss for words. I can't say I understand your pain because there is no way that I could. So often words of encouragement seem so cliche. I just want you to know that you are thought of often and prayed for even more.
Brenda
What unbelievable words. I cannot imagine your pain, but the lyrics of that song give a little glimpse into the depths of grief you are experiencing. Blessings to you today, Rosanna.
I am thinking about you and praying for you today. You have such amazing strength and courage. You are an inspiration to many people. May you feel God's peace today.
Rosanna - Thinking of you today. Praying for you constantly.
Still praying.
Wishing I could give you a hug today.
Rosanna, I am so glad that you have found this poem in your time of hurt and confusion and anger...God places these for us to see at the right time. He loves us and is with us even in the midst of all the hurt and pain. I am continuing to pray for you daily. I am glad that you have so many memories with Nate and that you did get to share so many special times with him but also so deeply saddened that you could not have more memories, the part about the 'Barren bedroom scenes of children never born' was very heartbreaking for me to read, I was crying as I was reading it...Your a beatiful amazing woman of God and are such an encouragement to me and so many others and are loved by so many people. God loves you, I love you and am praying for you. Keep the faith-God Bless I will be praying that you will be surrounded with his loving arms tomorrow and all this week and in the months and years to come!
As always you come through with your faith and strength.Which only comes from above. God has blessed you with being Nate's wife only for a glimpse. But none the less you were able to share a life with him as husband and wife. Yet you praise Him! you trust Him! and you rely on Him! Roseanna He loves you and He will carry you!!
Rosanna my heart breaks for you everyday. I pray for you constantly.
I love you, beautiful.
Love you girl, what a fitting song! Can't wait to hug you in 4 sleeps!
Mi Rosa linda!!!
Leer todas esas palabras wow me dejan ver lo fuerte qeu sigues siendo en Nuestro Dios.
Estoy en Vancouver, quiero verte, quiero abrazarte, y estar ahi.
dejame saber cuando podemos encontrarnos. te amo.
Hi,
I do not know you either, but I wanted you to know I have prayed for you. As a sister in Christ, I hurt for you, as this is something we as wives never want to have to go through.
Tara
Rosanna, You are precious. It is my prayer that you will hear the sweet whispers of God today, and that you will feel surrounded and saturated in his love.
You are loved so much!
your pal, kari
Rosanna, You are precious. It is my prayer that you will hear the sweet whispers of God today, and that you will feel surrounded and saturated in his love.
You are loved so much!
your pal, kari
Rosanna
thinking of you daily and feeling so helpless to do anything to ease the pain you must feel. So i cry out to our Saviour and ask that He be there for you as a comfort, a husband, a rock and a refuge so you can rest in Him. God be with you...
Love, Kendra
Thank you for sharing that... I am remembering a lot lately because it has been a year since Dave died, and hearing those words are comforting. My sister asked me if I found it depressing to hear songs and stories that remind me of Dave's death, and I answered that it brings me comfort to know that someone can speak in words that resonate with my feelings. We loved great men who love God and loved us deeply. How reassuring it is to know that we are no less (if not more) loved today than yesterday. Prayers and love to you.
Rosanna, I hope that things are getting better every day for you. I wish that I could make it better for you...all I can do is pray. Luv ya always
Thank-you Rosanna, for sharing your raw pain with others. It helps to be able to lament for you and intercede for you. Know that Tim and I pray for you often.
We (and our kids, too!) sure felt privileged to share that lovely meal with your amazing family. We can't thank you enough!
Love, Cyndi McCarthy
Post a Comment